Go Back   CJ Wildlife Online Forums > CJ Wildife Forums > Members Bird Lists

Members Bird Lists Start a thread on your garden, county or any other Bird species list & keep it updated with the latest additions.

Old 10th April 2012, 04:43 PM   #11
Penna

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittieconnor View Post
I did think possibly something mimicking but then questioned if so many would mimic the same thing. You state starlings (plural) though Kathy so perhaps, perhaps! Thanks all for looking into it. I do also have another question if I may. I have noticed 2 very distint shapes of robin this year. One the usual squatty kind of character on Christmas cards but another very slender robin who stands tall and elegant, really lngthening the body (even on cold days) and it is very red breast. I thought perhaps it might have been a winter visitor as I haven't seem any for a while? Would this be right and if so from where? Thanks xx
Great to notice this, the Robin standing upright is probably a male trying either to impress a female or threaten another male, Robins are extreemly territorial and I think showing off the red breast is the initial movement for either of the above.

The two pictures show the stance...

Have you seen this ...General Bird & Wildife Talk.. Rowena has answered your question..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (239.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 004.JPG (304.0 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Penna; 10th April 2012 at 05:07 PM.
Penna is offline     Reply With Quote