Go Back   CJ Wildlife Online Forums > CJ Wildife Forums > Members Bird Lists

Members Bird Lists Start a thread on your garden, county or any other Bird species list & keep it updated with the latest additions.

Old 21st February 2012, 09:39 AM   #21
Penna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowena View Post
ha ha! yes i spotted this a few weeks after i started working at CJs! i knew absolutely nothing about garden wildlife back then so its been great to learn so much over the years. i'll stick with CJs hedgehog food (wouldnt live it down if i went and used another food, even if it is named extremely well!!)
Good move !
Penna is offline     Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2012, 10:32 PM   #22
ruthie 73

Default Cotswold bird life

Hi everyone. I am new to garden birdwatching after recently been re-housed to a lovely bungalow in this small Cotswold town. I have about 8 feeders on the overhanging branches of an area of bushes on one side of my garden wall.

I have a large variety of visitors including the ubiquitous jackdaws, woodpidgeons and collared doves who only manage to pick up the bits dropped from the feeders and get to eat the crusts from my breakfast bacon buttie.

I have many sparrows and blue tits, great tits and finches of all descriptions including a pair of beautiful bullfinches. So beautifully coloured and here every day. I also have several blackbirds who spend their energy chasing each other off their cage protected supply of dried mealworms and sultanas.

I was surprised a couple of days ago to see a wagtail strutting it's stuff on my pathway. I had always thought they were summer visitors.

Also the other morning at about 1.30 I awoke to the singing of a bird. It had been flying around outside my front door and had triggered the security light.
ruthie 73 is offline     Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 11:33 AM   #23
Rowena

hi all, well its been a little while for me . . . been sunning myself in Lanzerote and then enjoying all the Jubillee festivities. Pleased to say Mr & Mrs Bullfinch are back in my garden! hooray! they are being quite brave and landing on the paved area by my patio window, so i shall do my best to get some shots if i can
Rowena is offline     Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2013, 10:11 AM   #24
ScopsOwl

Smile

Love Lanzerote Rowena - been there a couple of years ago, and it was superb.

We saw our first Hoopee in Lanzerote, but it was a rear end view of the bird in question. It was a Hoopoe in the middle of the hotels and built up areas - anyday and I was amazed how the bird seemed so oblivious of people in a built up area.

Lovely to see a Mr/Mrs Bullfinch in your garden area - love to have to have some of those in my own garden

Love to see your shots of your Bullfinches

Regards
Kathy
x
ScopsOwl is offline     Reply With Quote