Go Back   CJ Wildlife Online Forums > CJ Wildife Forums > Members Bird Lists

Members Bird Lists Start a thread on your garden, county or any other Bird species list & keep it updated with the latest additions.

Old 17th October 2011, 05:30 PM   #21
Hevva

Well, it's been a great year with lots of babies. Sadly though, the onset of the winter is not looking so good as, yet again, we have rats and have had to take all the feeders downl I left one up on the patio for the flock of sparrows which came down each day and emptied it but today there was a large rat swinging on it and eating the food. He then came and had a look in my patio window which didn't do my sense of humour much good. I suppose that with horses at the bottom of the garden and open fields to the front, it's only to be expected.
On a good note, lots of blackbirds still coming in and a song and mistle thrush have both appeared in the last week. Hopefully my lovely rowan will keep them going a while.
I sadly lost my lovely labrador a few weeks back and now have a new young pup who managed to upset the resident fox who was having a nice lay-in under the pine tree and who had to beat a hasty retreat over the fence. Not sure who jumped more.
Hopefully, if we can exterminate these awful rats, I can get my feeders out again but, meanwhile, I shall just have to read everyone else's news.
Hevva is offline     Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2011, 06:23 PM   #22
Pine Marten

Sorry to hear you lost your doggy hevva. still have fond memories of my king charles spaniel who was called henri. I have a lancashire heeler now, have done for past eight years.

As for the rats, i dont know what the answer is to that. You live by farmland so it is to be expected. Mind you, a jack russell would have been a very good rat catcher.

I hope your birds dont suffer to much without their daily food.

Pine Marten.
Pine Marten is offline     Reply With Quote