Go Back   CJ Wildlife Online Forums > CJ Wildife Forums > Say Hello

Say Hello New Member? Feel free to introduce yourself - say a few lines about yourself & where you live

Old 1st January 2013, 06:34 PM   #1
aluckyteacher

Default Golden Eagles

Hi - I am new to this site. I recently was visiting northern Arkansas. I saw what I believe to be about 10+ circling Golden Eagles. I looked through binoculars and that is what they looked like to me. Is this possible that I am correct?
aluckyteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2013, 08:44 AM   #2
AdeleEB

Hi, without seeing a photo to look at their wing shape and markings, it's hard to be sure. Golden eagles are rare in Arkansas, though (I saw a report online which suggested that only about 20 were seen annually). Bald eagles are more common, and will congregate in groups near good hunting sites. On the other hand, there are various hawks which can look like eagles at a distance. So unfortunately it might remain a mystery!
AdeleEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2013, 03:09 PM   #3
aluckyteacher

Wink Golden Eagles in Arkansas Sky

Thank you Adele for responding to my thread. It will always remain a mystery with no confirmation. I am almost certain that they wer Golden Eagles that I saw in the rural Arkansas sky. I saw hawks flying on another space in the sky, so I am pretty sure they were not hawks.

Thanks again for your response. I am going back to Arkansas again in June. Maybe I will get a 2nd better look (I hope).

Aluckyteacher
aluckyteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2013, 08:29 PM   #4
Jandy

I have also seen photos of Rough-legged Buzzards in a couple of states in the US, also in Canada, But of course they would not be anything like the size of a Golden Eagle.

Last edited by Jandy; 5th May 2013 at 01:44 PM.
Jandy is offline     Reply With Quote