Go Back   CJ Wildlife Online Forums > CJ Wildife Forums > Say Hello

Say Hello New Member? Feel free to introduce yourself - say a few lines about yourself & where you live

Old 16th June 2012, 09:07 PM   #1
Tim

Default New on here!

Hello all.

I'm fairly new to spending time with wildlife, like about 8 months so far, but I have been seriously into photography for many years.

I guess I'm fortunate to live in a great area, Somerset. For example I have Perigrine Falcons within walking distance of home, Otters are a cycle ride away with Kingfishers and Great Egrets fairly close too.

I still have a lot to learn..

Tim
Tim is offline     Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2012, 09:17 PM   #2
ScopsOwl

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Hello all.

I'm fairly new to spending time with wildlife, like about 8 months so far, but I have been seriously into photography for many years.

I guess I'm fortunate to live in a great area, Somerset. For example I have Perigrine Falcons within walking distance of home, Otters are a cycle ride away with Kingfishers and Great Egrets fairly close too.

Tim
Hi Tim

Nice to have you on board here.

I see that you are a fan of Kingfishers and your photo looks ordered so that you have signed your own work. Be as proud as your photo is superb.

Look forward to many more chats with yourself, and to see more of your photos - which we all love on here. What camera do you use?

I use a Canon G10 Powershot and a Nikon D7000 myself, and I am still learning the basics as there is so much to learn.

Regards
Kathy
x

Last edited by ScopsOwl; 16th June 2012 at 09:24 PM.
ScopsOwl is offline     Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2012, 09:25 PM   #3
Tim

I use Canon dslrs, with lenses up to 400m with a 1.4x extender. Getting so close to Kingfishers is not easy, I could not of done it without guidance and advice from my friend and Kingfisher expert Charlie Bishop. https://www.facebook.com/CharlieBish...ifePhotography

Tim
Tim is offline     Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2012, 09:33 PM   #4
ScopsOwl

Smile

Quote:
I use Canon dslrs, with lenses up to 400m with a 1.4x extender. Getting so close to Kingfishers is not easy, I could not of done it without guidance and advice from my friend and Kingfisher expert Charlie Bishop. https://www.facebook.com/CharlieBish...ifePhotography

Tim
Hi Tim

Interesting to hear about your make of camera

DSLR equipment is another learning level with photography - as well as giving you a lot of chances to get out in the fresh air to see all wildlife in its full glory.

Nice to have supportive people who can gem you up on your camera work. Charlie sounds a person who will give your all the technical know how that you need.

Look forward to seeing more of your work on here...along with lots of hints and tips.

Regards
Kathy
ScopsOwl is offline     Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2012, 07:56 AM   #5
Gandalf

Default post

Quote:
Hello all.

Tim
Welcome Tim. I photograph birds as well. Will be Great to see some of your captures.
Gandalf is offline     Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2012, 05:35 AM   #6
sophie

I am just a beginner in photography and would love to have tips from all you experience guys.
sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2012, 09:46 AM   #7

Hi Sophie.

I think patience is a great virtue in photography.

Don't expect to get the great wildlife shot every time you press the shutter. Be prepared to wait and other opportunities will come along.

With memory cards and digital cameras you can now afford to take as many shots as you like - just pick the best ones and dont be afraid to delete the others.

Try and buy the best equipment that you can afford; read the online reviews because they can be very useful and reliable reports.

If you have any of your own pictures that you would like to share, please feel free to do so. We don't bite, and constructive comments can be very useful in boosting your confidence which will give you the impetus to take more and more.
70007 is offline     Reply With Quote