Go Back   CJ Wildlife Online Forums > CJ Wildife Forums > General Bird & Wildife Talk

General Bird & Wildife Talk Say hello & talk about your Garden Wildlife

Old 10th January 2008, 07:52 PM   #1
Default new garden

to everyone , this is my first post , have been too busy reading everyones elses messages which are all really interesting.
I moved house 5 months ago from a garden full of visiting greenfinches goldfinches chaffinches blackbirds etc, which I fed, and it was very hard to leave , the new house is further in town and a much smaller garden .
After weeks of no birds and putting out feeders etc, I planted a hawthorn tree contoniaster tree, berberis,holly,and much more, hey presto ,the garden with no birds has came alive and I think I have even more birds coming in ,
There already was a very mature rowan tree and apple tree in the garden, . I was wondering if any one thinks I might have some of the same little gangs from my last garden, as the distance we moved is only half a mile this would make me feel better as I felt very guilty leaving birds that had came to rely on me
Jennywren is offline     Reply With Quote