Go Back   CJ Wildlife Online Forums > CJ Wildife Forums > Say Hello

Say Hello New Member? Feel free to introduce yourself - say a few lines about yourself & where you live

Old 29th April 2014, 10:42 AM   #1
Genequeen

Post Hi everyone

This is my first post. I live in Greater London and we have a wide variety of birds visiting our bird feeder, bird table and pond. We have sparrows, blackbirds, wood pigeons, collared doves, robins, wrens, goldfinches.

As an animal welfare supporter I was shocked to read recently about the situation regarding European migrating birds over Malta. Chris Packham has funded his own visit there last week with a team of 3 people and the support of Birdlife Malta and filmed the situation there and if anyone is interested you can view the video diaries on his website at www.chrispackham.co.uk

Thank you.
Genequeen is offline     Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2014, 09:16 AM   #2
CJ Wildlife Advisor

Default Welcome to the Forum!

Hello Genequeen and welcome to the Forum! Thank you for introducing yourself.

Chris Packham's Massacre on Malta campaign showed some shocking images and quite distressing footage, but I was hugely impressed by the courage and dedication of what Chris calls the Maltese Heroes who are working hard, and at some personal risk, to bring about change on the island. Sadly the problem of widespread persecution isn't confined to Malta, there are problems across the Mediterranean Basin.

Chris Packham talks about his Maltese experience in a BBC Hampshire video here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-27192793
CJ Wildlife Advisor is offline   Reply With Quote