Go Back   CJ Wildlife Online Forums > CJ Wildife Forums > Bird Food, Bird Feeders, Bird Tables & Bird Baths

Bird Food, Bird Feeders, Bird Tables & Bird Baths Questions, Answers & General Discussion on Bird food, Feeders, tables & bird baths

Old 9th July 2013, 11:26 AM   #1
zecrich

Default Bird feeder woes

Hi all,

I built a wooden bird feeder with a slate roof, underneath is a fatball feeder hung for the starlings, but they are getting on the table and bullying the greenfinches, tits and sparrows.
What dimension cage wire should I buy to keep them out but let in the others or if I did it using wooden dowel, what size gaps should I create.

I love the starlings as they are comical but they come in huge numbers and I love the greenfinches and tits.
zecrich is offline     Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2013, 02:14 PM   #2
Jandy

I don't know about the dimensions, zecrich, though the gaps in the guardian around my peanut feeder measure 5cm high x 3cm wide, ideal for tits. Some people make a bird table 'cage' of wire netting (the sort with large holes). Why don't you remove the fatball feeder from the bird table and hang it somewhere else, so diverting the starlings' attention from the bird table?
Jandy is offline     Reply With Quote