Go Back   CJ Wildlife Online Forums > CJ Wildife Forums > Bird Food, Bird Feeders, Bird Tables & Bird Baths

Bird Food, Bird Feeders, Bird Tables & Bird Baths Questions, Answers & General Discussion on Bird food, Feeders, tables & bird baths

Old 9th December 2013, 01:18 PM   #1
Quincy

Default Bird feeder location advice - Would this location be suitable?

Hi,

First time post.

I know this is a very difficult question and I'm not expecting a definitive yes or no.

My Nana likes to watch wildlife but she sits in the front room and I'd like her to see some more from her seat.

Her house is about 20m back from a relative busy road (cars and buses). Her front garden area is about 8m wide and is largely paved with a 600mm lightly planted strip along one side (this makes it serviceable for her). The front area is enclosed by hedges (approx. 1.2m at the front (adjacent to the footpath and road and the same along the lightly planted boarder). The hedge on the other sided is about 2.4m high. The front garden is south facing. I was wanting to put a bird table / feeder in the planted boarder so she can see the birds on it.

The table would be approximately 300mm from the 1.2m hedge.

Reading other threads it came to mind that the lack of grass and other greenery would mean that birds won't approach the table.

Do you think the proposed location would be suitable for a bird table? If so what kind of height should it be (i.e. not higher than the adjacent hedge) and distance away from the house?

Thanks

Quincy
Quincy is offline     Reply With Quote

Tags
bird feeder, front garden