Go Back   CJ Wildlife Online Forums > CJ Wildife Forums > Bird Food, Bird Feeders, Bird Tables & Bird Baths

Bird Food, Bird Feeders, Bird Tables & Bird Baths Questions, Answers & General Discussion on Bird food, Feeders, tables & bird baths

Old 29th April 2013, 12:32 PM   #21

That experiment was partly successful, but something more grease-like is needed in order to get it to really stick to the pole.

I have had another 4am "brainwave" and will buy a tub of Vaseline next time I go shopping, mix that with the pepper sauce and smear the resulting gloop around the pole.

After the slash and burn tactics in the overgrown garden behind have ceased, (described on another thread) the birds have begun to reappear. I saw two jays yesterday and a coal tit seems to have returned this morning.

I live in hope.
70007 is offline     Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 02:45 PM   #22
Cathy in Edinburgh

I use squirrel proof feeders (at least the tough ones) and the squirrels have given up. Things like mealworms go in a dish in the middle of a cage. The squirrels now concentrate on digging up my spring bulbs and replanting them in all the wrong places! No small irises last year and then I found a load of them flowering behind the greenhouse. My front garden is very windy, so I planted rockery narcissus, but every year I get a few big daffodils relocated from the back garden. I even have lots of red tulips which they stole from next door.
Cathy in Edinburgh is offline     Reply With Quote