Go Back   CJ Wildlife Online Forums > CJ Wildife Forums > Members Suggestions

Members Suggestions use this forum to give us feedback and ideas and suggestions for improving our services

Old 15th November 2012, 10:08 PM   #1
Jandy

Default CJ Starling Bars

Has anyone else been having trouble with these recently (that is, getting into them)? I had thought that the new packaging had completely eliminated the problems I had previously experienced, but the last trio I opened were appallingly difficult. The last one I put out today involved two pairs of scissors, rubber gloves to prevent cuts to the hands from the sharp edges of the plastic, crumbs of starling cake in all directions, and a large dent in the side where I'd had to hold it in an iron grip to stage a tug-of-war with the plastic tear-off strip! Tear off! I wish it would!! Break off half way down, more like. I have had three more delivered this week, and am hoping these previous ones were a rogue batch.

While I'm in moaning mode, the spray nozzle on my Ark-Klens bottle has given up the ghost completely, though the bottle is still half full. When it first happened, I noticed that the tube on the inside was a little too long and curled upwards at the bottom. I trimmed this with scissors so that it extended to the bottom, no more no less, but the spray still doesn't work, and I have had to pour it directly from the bottle.

Last edited by Jandy; 15th November 2012 at 10:18 PM.
Jandy is offline     Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2012, 12:26 PM   #2
Brian@CJ's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandy View Post
Has anyone else been having trouble with these recently (that is, getting into them)? I had thought that the new packaging had completely eliminated the problems I had previously experienced, but the last trio I opened were appallingly difficult. The last one I put out today involved two pairs of scissors, rubber gloves to prevent cuts to the hands from the sharp edges of the plastic, crumbs of starling cake in all directions, and a large dent in the side where I'd had to hold it in an iron grip to stage a tug-of-war with the plastic tear-off strip! Tear off! I wish it would!! Break off half way down, more like. I have had three more delivered this week, and am hoping these previous ones were a rogue batch.

While I'm in moaning mode, the spray nozzle on my Ark-Klens bottle has given up the ghost completely, though the bottle is still half full. When it first happened, I noticed that the tube on the inside was a little too long and curled upwards at the bottom. I trimmed this with scissors so that it extended to the bottom, no more no less, but the spray still doesn't work, and I have had to pour it directly from the bottle.
I am really sorry that you have been having some problems with the outer wrappers on the Starling bars. I have called our commercial department and they have assured me that we have resolved this problem. We hope that it is an isolated problem with just a few of the tubes.

I would also like to apologize for the poor quality of the spray nozzle on the Ark Klens, we are checking stocks to make sure that it is not a problem with all of the nozzles.
Brian@CJ's is offline     Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2012, 12:32 PM   #3
Brian@CJ's

Good Afternoon Jandy.

I have some more information for you about the Starling bars and Ark Klens.

Please could you call me direct on 01743 708007 or email me at brian.hickson@birdfood.co.uk

Thanks Brian.
Brian@CJ's is offline     Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2012, 08:30 PM   #4
Jandy

Hi Brian.

I have emailed you just now.
Jandy is offline     Reply With Quote