Go Back   CJ Wildlife Online Forums > CJ Wildife Forums > Members Suggestions

Members Suggestions use this forum to give us feedback and ideas and suggestions for improving our services

Old 2nd June 2011, 07:02 PM   #1
Penna

Default Re. this forum.

Thank you Lisa for your reply

I do understand from personel experience that keeping forums going can be time consuming and frustrating.

A few suggestions you may like to consider......

A few well chosen words when new members register..please feel free to post your photos and join in on the conversations etc.....

An introduction thread to say" Hello" to the forum after registering. tell us a bit about yourself.....

A new thread for general chat, a chance for some members to have a chat on any topic, allowing those who choose not to get involved the option of not participating.

I'm sure other members have some veiws on "re-vamping" your forum.

Old 2nd June 2011, 07:30 PM   #2
Lisa
Marketing Co-ordinator
CJ WildBird Foods

Thanks Penna, all comments will be taken into careful consideration
Lisa is offline     Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2012, 08:14 PM   #3
Penna

Hi Jandy, I was unable to send this on private..........

Regarding logging in ......forgive me if I'm stating the obvious I assume you are ticking the *remember me* thingie.

On a totally different subject......

The forum seems to be dying a slow death recently, personally I am beginning to feel that posting is becoming a bit of a waste of time. I think that other forms of communication (facebook & twitter) are making this forum redundant. Some time ago I mentioned this to CJ but nothing seems to have changed, if - in fact anything can be done. I don't mean to sound a miserable old bugger but I'm not sure I can be bothered any more.
Penna is offline     Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2012, 08:58 AM   #4
Peggo

Please don't give up on us Penna. I always enjoy reading your posts and looking at your pictures. I think this forum is never very busy because only a handful of people seem to use it. It does however get lots of views.

I don't use twitter and I certainly don't do Facebook - out of principle - so I find this forum and the people who use it useful and very friendly.

I guess there are quiet spells but there are some very good threads on here and not once have I seen any arguments break out unlike other sites. No keyboard warriors on here!!!
Peggo is offline     Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2012, 12:38 PM   #5
Jandy

I agree with Peggo, Penna - don't desert the forum. Your input is highly valued, and your photos are staggering and tend to leave me open-mouthed. Also, I am not a fan of Facebook or Twitter. In fact, I was persuaded by younger members of my family to join Facebook, but got fed up with it and cancelled it. This is definitely my favourite "Social Network"!

By the way, Penna, thanks for the tip on logging in - I have now ticked the 'remember me' box, and hope that will work for me in future. This is though, I feel sure, a new procedure for the forum, presumably designed to get non-members to register.

Last edited by Jandy; 31st March 2012 at 12:42 PM.
Jandy is offline     Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2012, 01:03 PM   #6
ScopsOwl

Please do not desert this Forum, Penna.

I have enjoyed our chats on here and your photos are a joy to share here

Regards
Kathy
x
ScopsOwl is offline     Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2012, 02:10 PM   #7
Rowena

I think it could just be a sign of the times Penna. the power of facebook is phenomenal! we have mentioned the forum on our facebook page, so lets hope that helps. you can take a horse to water . . .

We are making every effort to contribute to posts and help with members queries where its not already been addressed. But as you say, forums can be time consuming and sometimes day-to-day working takes presidence unfortunately - i am sure you can appreciate that. Rest assured comments and suggestions are taken on board.

I do hope members continue to contribute and keep the forum alive as i think its a great place to exchange ideas & experiences with like-minded folk. Perhaps you/other members have friends or family that would like to sign up??!!
i think a thread for newcomers is a great idea, i'll set that up today

best wishes

rowena
Rowena is offline     Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2012, 04:34 PM   #8
ScopsOwl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowena View Post
I think it could just be a sign of the times Penna. the power of facebook is phenomenal! we have mentioned the forum on our facebook page, so lets hope that helps. you can take a horse to water . . .

We are making every effort to contribute to posts and help with members queries where its not already been addressed. But as you say, forums can be time consuming and sometimes day-to-day working takes presidence unfortunately - i am sure you can appreciate that. Rest assured comments and suggestions are taken on board.

I do hope members continue to contribute and keep the forum alive as i think its a great place to exchange ideas & experiences with like-minded folk. Perhaps you/other members have friends or family that would like to sign up??!!
i think a thread for newcomers is a great idea, i'll set that up today

best wishes

rowena
Hi Rowena

Great idea with a new greetings thread.

Ask a silly question here, but is CJW on Facebook already?

Regards
Kathy
x
Old 4th April 2012, 08:39 AM   #9
Rowena

new thread is up and running . . . lets hope it encourages our newest members to get invloved. Do please feel free to welcome 'newbies' & say hello!

yes Kathy we are on facebook http://www.facebook.com/CJWildlife and also on twitter

thanks
Rowena

Last edited by Rowena; 4th April 2012 at 08:40 AM. Reason: spelling
Rowena is offline     Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2012, 10:09 PM   #10
ScopsOwl

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowena View Post
new thread is up and running . . . lets hope it encourages our newest members to get invloved. Do please feel free to welcome 'newbies' & say hello!

yes Kathy we are on facebook http://www.facebook.com/CJWildlife and also on twitter

thanks
Rowena
Thanks Rowena - I should add it on my listigns on Facebook as it makes it easier to find ,and it reminds me to have a chat with members here

Regards
Kathy
x