Go Back   CJ Wildlife Online Forums > CJ Wildife Forums > Caring for other Garden Wildlife

Caring for other Garden Wildlife There's more to garden wildlife than Birds

Old 12th March 2011, 11:48 AM   #1
Lisa
Marketing Co-ordinator
CJ WildBird Foods

Default CJ Wildlife Launch Exclusive Red Mason Bee Cocoons

CJ Wildlife’s new 108 page Handbook of Garden Wildlife is now available and amongst its many new products comes an exciting new addition to our wildlife range.

Following several years of research and trials in cherry and apple orchards, we are now able to exclusively offer members of the public the chance to purchase Red Mason Bee Cocoons which they can place in their garden to start their own Osmia rufa colony.

Red Mason Bees are hugely beneficial to gardens and crops as they are excellent pollinators of fruit trees, raspberries, strawberries and vegetables and are fond of a wide range of flowers and tree blossom.

Those that are interested in finding out more about our Red Mason Bees, including how to order, can visit our new web page at www.birdfood.co.uk/redmasonbee or email us at bees@birdfood.co.uk where you can also register interest in purchasing bees in spring 2012.

As this is a live, seasonal product we are only able to despatch cocoons until mid-April 2011 to ensure viability of the Red Mason Bees for this season.

As always, if you have any questions or feedback please let me know.
Lisa is offline     Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2011, 12:03 PM   #2
Lisa
Marketing Co-ordinator
CJ WildBird Foods

Hello everyone

Hope your all enjoying the lovely weather!

If you have purchased red mason bee cocoons from us this season and they are yet to emerge we recommend removing the sticker from the front of the tube to help them along.

I removed the sticker from mine yesterday and as I did a little bee was sat at the hole looking at me! I could see where they had started to nibble through the sticker but removing this just brings the process of them emerging forward a couple days and will get them out and about in your garden whilst the weather is warm.

Don't worry if you haven't seen any emerge just yet. Our research shows that there is no fixed date when this should happen and it varies depending on the climate and varies across the country. Make sure your tube is in full sunlight and with the weather being warm you should see some movement soon.

If you have any questions, comments or feedback on the bees, or would like to register interest in ordering bees for spring 2012 please email bees@birdfood.co.uk.

I hope everyone has a lovely Easter, don't forget we sell a wide range of wildlife friendly plants so if your planning on doing some gardening over the long weekend why not have a look at our range whether there is anything that catches your eye! Prices start at just £1.99 and our range consists of more than 60 carefully selected varieties.

All the best

Lisa

For the latest news and updates follow us on Twitter @CJWildlife
Lisa is offline     Reply With Quote