Go Back   CJ Wildlife Online Forums > CJ Wildife Forums > Members Suggestions

Members Suggestions use this forum to give us feedback and ideas and suggestions for improving our services

Old 19th May 2012, 12:58 PM   #41
Lisa
Marketing Co-ordinator
CJ WildBird Foods

Hi Lillydee

Thanks for the suggestion, this is certainly a good idea worth considering. I shall make sure this is passed on.

In the meantime, if you would like advice on which plants would be suitable for your garden, you can email us at advice@birdfood.co.uk. If you let us know what you are hoping to attract, what space you have and whether you would be looking for plants suitable for shade, full sun etc I am sure one of our experts would be more than happy to help by offering you a recommendations list from our current range of plants, as we understand that it can be hard to know where to start when there are so many gorgeous plants to choose from!

Thanks again Lillydee, we always love to hear suggestions and feedback from our forum members and customers
Lisa is offline     Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 01:09 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillydee View Post
Hi guys,

The problem is that I get very overwhelmed by the choice! My suggestion is, (and I'd pay good money for it!), is if there could be some form of a booklet put together to give novice gardeners like myself an idea of how to design a garden (or maybe a few diffferent designs) using all the plants that are available to buy on the website. What plants would you use together, how would you organise them, where excatly would you position them (to the front, in the back etc), would you have plants of similar colours or different colour designs together. Basically how would you create a garden from scratch using the plants on the website.

You could break the booklet up into sections: ie. Include pictures of designs, what flowers could you plant together in the shade, full light, partial light, in a wet area etc. and give details about height, spread, care needs throughout the year, things to watch out for, what wildlife can you expect to see if you plant them etc. (I know some of this info is available on the website when you're researching the plants, but it would be excellent as a booklet!)

P.S. I look forward to the royalty cheque in the mail for the idea hehe
Lillydee, your idea may already have been published.

Have you seen http://www.amazon.co.uk/Chris-Packha...0888686&sr=1-2

(I have only posted the Amazon link because it was easy to find there. I am sure you can buy this in many other good booksellers, and some rubbish ones )

It is great for ideas on what you could do in a back garden, if you have the enthusiasm, time and patience.

John
70007 is offline     Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2012, 10:27 PM   #43
Jandy

I think it would be an excellent idea for all CJ's garden plants to be put in a separate small catalogue, incorporating all the information that Lillydee mentioned. I am not entirely happy with the layout of the new catalogue - it seems now to take an age to go through it looking for the items wanted. It is probably fine for those only just starting to care for their garden birds and make their gardens wildlife-friendly, but for those like me who only want to make a quick birdfood order before getting on with 101 other things, we have to wade through the plants and nest boxes, then after the food appears on page 45, it is interspersed with feeders, guardians, etc., so much so that if you want peanut cake tubes or fat balls, they don't appear till pp 80-84! Wouldn't it be better to show all the birdfood together, as you used to, then the feeders, then the rest, and garden plants, if not separate, at the end?

On another topic, I put out starling peanut cake tubes all the time, in one of your wire holders with a chain, which is illustrated on p 81. These are hugely popular, not only with the starlings, but twice this last week I have put out a new bar, and the followng morning it has totally disappeared, plastic centre and all! Impossible for a 1-litre bar to be finished in that time, so I can only assume some sneaky squirrel has managed to upend the holder and the bar has fallen out. I even wondered if a woodpecker would be able to manage this. My suggestion is for some attachment for these holders to hinge over the top of the bar to retain it, or a couple of linking wires hooked together by the chain.
Jandy is offline     Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2012, 10:46 PM   #44
Jandy

Further to my post above mentioning how at least a couple of peanut cakes were snitched whole, apparently by squirrels, I have currently sort of solved this problem (see my photo). This "guardian" was made out of a pair of wire coathangers twisted together and with difficulty attached to the peanut tube holder. Seeing as how the ever-peckish starlings have reduced it by quite a bit since - guess what? my next problem is how to unfasten it to fill the feeder again, and then put it back again!! It is possible I could get through a fair number of coathangers at this rate. I'm still wondering whether CJ can magic up something a bit more practical for this purpose.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0634.jpg (251.6 KB, 14 views)
Old 9th September 2012, 06:01 PM   #45
Jandy

Further to the above, in the end I found it quite easy to remove the wire cats' cradle and then reattach it afterwards. It is hardly very beautiful as things stand, but may make a handy perch, for birds in the queue! Still hoping for a smarter solution!
Old 14th September 2012, 12:58 PM   #46
Rowena

thanks for the suggestion Jandy, i shall forward it on to the magicians here at CJs, you never know!
rowena
Rowena is offline     Reply With Quote