Go Back   CJ Wildlife Online Forums > CJ Wildife Forums > Members Suggestions

Members Suggestions use this forum to give us feedback and ideas and suggestions for improving our services

Old 11th September 2007, 03:46 PM   #21
Alastair

Birdman, I told CJ about the seed trays when the floods were on and redrilled mine the best I found was 11/64ths size drill. The size they have doesn`t work
Best
Alastair
Alastair is offline     Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2007, 06:14 PM   #22
ExtraMedium

Do get in touch with them as they do indeed seem to look after customers well enough.

It would be truly great if spare parts were readily available to buy if one would like to. Things can wear out from time to time, and I've no objection to paying a reasonable amount to easily order and get the parts I need when it suits me time wise.

I make great use of the online purchase as I don't always find that the time I have free allows for phoning, and getting to a post box often has issues for me too. Online however I can do whenever I find I have time, so it's very convenient I have found for buying items, but not spares sadly.

I would also like to see standard metric sizes used more and more with CJ stuff - getting things to fit if you have to find a way of custom fitting a feeder makes it very challenging indeed sometimes. OK if you have a workshop I suppose, but not if you just buy nuts and bolts, metal tube and bar etc. from local stores, who now sell items only in metric in many cases.
ExtraMedium is offline     Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2007, 09:51 PM   #23
bird lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird lady View Post
I have many of your bird feeders for seed & nuts and have 2 round trays that screw on to the bases of feeders but for one I have lost the plastic screw part. Would be great if spare ones were able to be boight would save me having mess!

Many thanks CJ rec'd one FOC from you in the post.
bird lady is offline     Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2007, 09:13 PM   #24
Jenny

Lisa,

I'd like to thank CJs for their help in sorting out my problem with garden poles.

I'm more than happy to pay for spares (like the spike that got lost recently when the workmen were in or when - after some years' hard service, the screw system for a seed tray fails. I don't know how much this would affect CJs sales, but if customers could have a list of spares and pay for them with their ordinary order, how much would CJs lose???

Second question (on basis that you have to be losing money getting goods to my remote location - hence trying to balance a big order against a pensioner's income ) is there some way that customers sign up to a DD scheme of X per month to help spread our costs and your cash flow? I suspect this wouldn't be economically viable but just asking!
Jenny is offline     Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2007, 05:09 PM   #25
Jenny

Hi Lisa

Take it this is a no go, then??

Jenny
Jenny is offline     Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2008, 03:42 PM   #26
AmandaMoo

Hello

I'd like to make a new suggestion on something that would be useful. I hope I'm supposed to just continue under Jenny's post?

They are called WindowAlert which are shapes designed to warn birds to prevent window strikes. They work by reflecting ultraviolet light which is visable to birds but not humans. Do you think this might be something you will stock in the future CJ's?

AmandaMoo 80)
AmandaMoo is offline     Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2008, 03:53 PM   #27
Lisa
Marketing Co-ordinator
CJ WildBird Foods

Default Window Alert

Thank you for your suggestion.

It is certainly something we could look at trialling. We already stock Window Webs and Sentinels which serve the same purpose and are very successful.

I will pass your suggestion onto my colleague for consideration.

Many thanks

Lisa
Lisa is offline     Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2008, 04:26 PM   #28
Jandy

Hil, If you're a member of the RSPB, you'll find in their catalogue an apple-shaped wool pot complete with sheeps wool filling for nesting birds, & they also do a refill. They also have 'Sunflower drops', coated in suet, & 'Fruity nibbles', made from suet & raisin. CJs have suet pellets, with insects, with berries, or original.

I recently put out CJ's Ground Treats, but - be warned - I put them in one section of my new 3-part ground feeder tray, it rained heavily, & they turned into mush, completely blocking the mesh. I now just sprinkle them on the grass.
Jandy is offline     Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2009, 09:10 PM   #29
Jandy

Default Cleaning Feeders

It is obviously extra important at the moment to clean feeders regularly, and I have for a long time used CJ's Ark-Klens, but I find it has two major disadvantages in use.

Firstly, when quite a large quantity of feeders need to be cleaned (I currently have 7), a bottle of Ark-Klens runs out relatively quickly, and I think it would be helpful if it could be produced in a larger size (500ml?).

Secondly, I find that the design of the bottle makes using it very laborious and time-consuming. The business of filling up the 10ml section takes forever, and squeezing the bottle doesn't seem to help. I would like to see a standard bottle with a single child-proof cap, and the cap to double as a 10ml measure. This, combined with the larger bottle mentioned above, would see me cleaning my feeders in record time, and so not only assisting me in my busy life, but also getting the food put out for the birds sooner.
Jandy is offline     Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2009, 06:52 PM   #30
wanda

does anyone know how to take care of a baby squirrel that was cut by a chainsaw?
wanda is offline     Reply With Quote