Go Back   CJ Wildlife Online Forums > CJ Wildife Forums > Members Suggestions

Members Suggestions use this forum to give us feedback and ideas and suggestions for improving our services

Old 17th May 2010, 08:49 PM   #1
Jandy

Default Unwelcome Posts

Bearing in mind that this site covers all aspects of wild birds and other wildlife, I have come across two separate posts today, which I object to, from the same new member, as firstly they have nothing to do with the various topics we discuss, and secondly they are nothing more than spam. They have been posted today, one on the Caring for Other Garden Wildlife forum, and the other on Members' Bird Lists.
Jandy is offline     Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 07:55 AM   #2
Beebee

I saw them too Jandy, and just ignored them, but it looks like there are a few more appearing today. I hope a mod puts a stop to it soon before it gets out of hand. It could put people off coming to, or posting, on the forum, if they see a lot of spam posts, after all, who wants to read that garbage.

Beebee.
Beebee is offline     Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 08:23 AM   #3
Shamal

Whenever I see a spam post, I simply click on the red warning triangle in the bottom left of their post and report the post as spam. The post invariably vanishes very quickly.
All forums are at the mercy of spam posts, and 'us' members need to help out by reporting them when we see them. You cannot really expect staff to be monitoring the site 24/7.

regards,
Shamal
Shamal is offline     Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 09:40 AM   #4
Lisa
Marketing Co-ordinator
CJ WildBird Foods

Hi all

Thanks for the note, I have had a look and cannot see any posts that appear to be spam so it may be that one of the other moderators have already cleared it.

We do try and keep on top of the spammers on the forum but there will be occasions when members spot posts before we do so in these cases please report the post as spam by clickling on the red triangle in the bottom left of the post and all moderators will receive the notification by email and we will endeavour to clear this as quickly as we can.

Regards
Lisa is offline     Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 10:18 AM   #5
Beebee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
Hi all

Thanks for the note, I have had a look and cannot see any posts that appear to be spam so it may be that one of the other moderators have already cleared it.

We do try and keep on top of the spammers on the forum but there will be occasions when members spot posts before we do so in these cases please report the post as spam by clickling on the red triangle in the bottom left of the post and all moderators will receive the notification by email and we will endeavour to clear this as quickly as we can.

Regards
Will do that Lisa if I see any more. Nothing worse than spammers clogging up the forum.

Beebee.
Beebee is offline     Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 09:44 PM   #6
Jandy

Thanks for the tip, Shamal. I'll try to remember that for the future.
Jandy is offline     Reply With Quote